Alaska-Hunters Choice 2 Species Combo $35,000.00
- Create New Account
- or use an Existing Account
- Gear List
Create your dream 10 day Alaskan Combo Hunt. Choose 2 species, with trophy fees INCLUDED, from Dall sheep, moose, grizzly bear, caribou or black bear. Additional animals may be added for a trophy fee. Outpost camps provide comfortable accommodations in either cabin or deluxe tent camp including electricity, shower & heat. All deluxe outpost camps use of ATV/UTV/Boat for transportation and hauling your trophies out. UTV Ranger 6X6s can even be used on sheep hunts to reduce some climbing and provide more hunting time. Master Guide is an FAA Commercial Pilot and Mechanic, longtime Alaska Resident have 30+ years of delivering success on Alaska Range hunts in this area. Our professional guides know the area and are there to help make your hunt a success. Guides carry SAT communication with the lodge. On call Professional Pilot, multiple in house aircraft. Hunt dates are August 30 - September 10 or September 10 - 21 annually.
- Species: Moose
- Average Classification: 200 - 250
- Shot Opportunity: 95
- Weapons: Rifle, Muzzleloader, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: XXAK003-1-20-Moose
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
All species Trophy hunts Moose average 62-65 inches Grizzly 7-8 feet Large Caribou often making Boone and Crockett Dall Sheep 36-41 inches Plentiful black bears (limit is 3 per hunter) Wolf and Wolverine also available if you are lucky enough to get the shot!
Alaska has special requirements for Archery, Crossbow, and Muzzleloaders. Be sure you have complied.
August 30, 2022 - September 21, 2024
- Price: $35,000.00
Upgrade with additional species for: Dall sheep, brown/grizzly bear, or moose $10,000. Caribou $5000, black bear $1500. Wolf $500 Wolverine $500 50% deposit w/balance due to outfitter by June 30 the year hunt takes place. Prices listed are for 2022. Call for 2023-24 pricing.
Observer rate $11,500 Observer may hunt from the trophy fee list. Some exclusions may apply call for details
Alaska, United States of America
Full Refund within 7 days of signing contract. Hunt may be transferred to a mutually acceptable replacement hunter.
More information regarding the experience available upon request. Hunters choice of 2 species on this 1x1 guided, 10 day combo hunt. Outpost camps, either cabins or large tents, with electricity, shower and Polaris 6-wheeler/boat transportation in best combination hunt area in North America. Upgrade hunt with trophy fee on additional species.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outpost camps provide comfortable accommodations in either cabin or deluxe tent camp including electricity, shower & heat. More information regarding lodging and accommodations are available upon request.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Quality food and plenty of it. Food is the fuel that keeps us going on a successful hunt. Home cooked meals from our chef at the lodge to hot lunches in the field will provide the necessary calories and the enhance your hunting experience.
- Physical Conditions: Heavy Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
Our Outpost camps and the UTV/Jet Boat minimize the approach walking. Most of Alaska is tundra. Soft, brushy, muskeg swamp, rocky stream beds and gravel bars, difficult walking. Our use of vehicles saves your legs and energy for the actual hunt and stalk.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
All flying including the charter from Anchorage is included. Once you arrive at the lodge all flying is in the outfitters professionally maintained aircraft. All deluxe outpost camps use of ATV/UTV/Jet Boat for transportation and hauling your trophies out. UTV Polaris 6X6 Rangers can even be used on sheep hunts to reduce some climbing and provide more hunting time. More information regarding transportation is available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Specialist.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
HUNTING CHECKLIST (Weight limit 70lbs.) □ Scoped Rifle □ Ammunition (40 Rounds min.) □ Gun Cleaning Kit □ Gun Case (for airline travel)\ □ Padded Soft Rifle Case for transport in Super Cub and on UTVs the more water resistant the better □ Bow, Hard Case, extra assorted parts (e.g, string, release, clips, etc.) □ 2 Dozen Hunting Arrows □ Binoculars (10X40), waterproof (Leupold, Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski) □ Phone with wall and car charger and extra cable □ Headlamp and spare (don’t forget batteries) □ Sleeping Bag, rated to 0 F -10 C (We recommend synthetic or dry down) with camp pillow □ Sleeping Pad (We use Xped Synmat) □ Knife with sharpener PERSONAL GEAR □ Sunscreen and Lip Balm □ Shower Kit and Towel □ Watch and Alarm Clock □ Insect Repellent (100% Deet) □ Sunglasses □ Prescription Glasses or Contacts (two pair) □ Head Net □ Books or Magazines (for bad weather days) □ Drinking Water Bottle (1 Liter minimum) □ Backpack, 4500 cubic inches minimum. We use mountaineering quality internal frame packs for all hunting. (We recommend Kuiu, Stone Glacier, Kifaru) CLOTHING □ Merino wool or synthetic Long Underwear (2-3 sets) □ Pants, 3 pair (no cotton for field use) □ Shirts, 4 (2 heavyweight, 2 lightweight) □ fleece jacket or sweater windstopper is preferred □ Socks, 6-8 pair (2 pair midweight/heavy wool) □ Vest email@example.com Page 2 of 2 Sunday, January 16, 2022 □ Puffy warm coat with a hood, synthetic or dridown □ Length Rain Coat and Rain Pants (Helly Hansen Impertech long guide coat works best,or other 100% waterproof fabric) □ Warm Hat with ear flaps □ Gloves or Mittens, 2 pair FOOT WEAR □ Fall and May Bear Hunts - Gortex stocking foot hip boots, available from, Chota (bring S-Biners to clip them to your beltloops, Frogg Toggs or Cabelas (listed in the order of comfort and durability) Hiking boots sized to wear over the hippers and a pair of gaiters (we use Outdoor Research Crocodiles Kenetrek, or Kuiu make sure they are big enough to fold the waders down under the gaiters.). THE BOOT SYSTEM WORKS. If you decide to bring something else you are at your own risk. Call with questions. We can help you with the boot system. 40 years in Alaska guiding has proven this boot system. □ Camp Shoes (comfortable slip-ons, Crocs work great) □ Gaiters – Required on all hunts with Goretex Hipboots (Outdoor Research Crocodiles or Kuiu are the best ones) DUE TO THE DISTANCE OFF OF THE ROAD SYSTEM, ALL GOODS AND BAGGAGE MUST BE BROUGHT TO CAMP BY SMALL BUSHPLANE. SUIT CASES, RIGID CAMERA CASES AND HARD GUN CASES WILL NOT BE FLOWN OUT TO CAMP. IF YOU ARE TAKING MEDICATION PLEASE BRING 2-3 TIMES THE AMOUNT YOU NORMALLY TAKE (i.e, IF YOU TAKE 2 TABLETS PER WEEK, BRING 6 TABLETS PACKAGED IN SEPARATE CONTAINERS). RAIN GEAR & OPTICS SHOULD BE OF THE BEST QUALITY. Minimum rifle calibers and bullets .243/6mm min sheep/caribou, 30.06, 300 win mag. with 180 grain or larger for moose/black bear, .338 Win.Mag. min. prefer 250 gr. Bullets for brown bear/grizzly. Bullet selection is as important as caliber and weight: bonded core or mono-constructed bullets Example: Barnes TSX/TTSX, Swift Aframe, Scirocco, Hornady Interbond or GMX, Nosler Accubond) Please NO VLD BULLETS (Examples: Berger, Hornady ELDX, Sierra) These bullets are specialized tools designed to expand violently at low velocities for extreme range shooting. While very accurate we have seen many wounded animals due to improper terminal performance from VLD bullets. Wounded animals constitute a filled tag. NOTE: Most game is taken at 200 yards or less. A shot over 400 on sheep is occasionally required, moose normally under 200, bears 100-150 yards. Camp is BYOB so feel free to bring your favorite adult beverage.
What Outfitter Provides
- All Flights from Anchorage Alaska, all transportation in the field, Camp, Food, Guide, transportation of game out of the field back to AnchorageCall for details
What to Bring
- See the provided gear list
- ❏ Underwear (1 pair per day) ❏ Base Layer Top and Bottom (2 – 3 pairs per week) *we suggest merino wool ❏ Lightweight Camo Jacket ❏ Windstopper Camo Jacket ❏ Midweight Camo Jacket ❏ Lightweight Camo Vest ❏ Lightweight Camo Shirt (3 – 5 per week) ❏ Lightweight Camo Pants (1-2 pair per week) ❏ Midweight Camo Pants (1 pair per week) ❏ Rain Gear ❏ Blaze Orange (rifle hunts) if required *check Regulations in the state you are hunting ❏ Lightweight Gloves ❏ Midweight Gloves ❏ Camo Cap ❏ Camo Stocking Cap or Camo Beanie ❏ Camo Headnet ❏ Lightweight Black Shirts (if you are in a blind) ❏ Lightweight Black Jacket (if you are in a blind) ❏ Hunting Boots ❏ Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Liner Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Boot Grease ❏ Extra Laces ❏ Camp Shoes ❏ Stalking Shoes ❏ Knee Pads ❏ Decoy ❏ Ground Blind ❏ Folding Chair ❏ Bow Holder ❏ Day Pack ❏ Water Bottle ❏ Large Backpack ❏ Wind Direction Indicator ❏ Flashlight ❏ Headlamp ❏ Hunting Knife ❏ Multi-Tool ❏ Topo Maps or Mobile Mapping Software ❏ GPS ❏ Scent Elimination Spray ❏ Water Bladder (2L) ❏ Fire Starter Kit ❏ Game Bags ❏ Caping Salt ❏ Dry Bag ❏ Game Cart (DIY) ❏ Binoculars (Quality 8’s or 10’s) ❏ Spotting Scope ❏ Tripod ❏ Rangefinder ❏ Bino Harness ❏ Phone Skope – Mount your phone to your optics ❏ Lens Cloth and Cleaning Equipment ❏ De-fogger Rifle ❏ Rifle (appropriate size for the game you are hunting) ❏ Shells (at least one box) ❏ Scope (with rain cover) ❏ Sling ❏ Shooting Sticks ❏ Soft Rifle Case ❏ Hard Rifle Case ❏ Gun Cleaning Kit
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring